Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Discoveries

My resolve yesterday was to find ways of reaching readers. I learned the obvious - that I should send a link to everyone I know - and discovered that an Atom feed was deemed a good idea in order to be available for aggregators. And Feedburner also wants me to allocate an advertising budget. I didn't get much further than that with the 'visibility' issue.

However I was able to import my Bloglines subscription list in the MediaBizz category. And, in a brief self-referential mood, expanded my profile. For some reason I even started a Flickr photostream with just one photo and will probably try to get that link on the Sandlander page as my next little challenge.

But Flickr also provided me with the day's discovery, a photostream by MissAniela, a massively talented fauxtographer.



She clones and manipulates with skill and her 'Anielas' (as she calls her multiples) inhabit a world which has so much stylistic integrity that the shots are like screen captures from a very, very strange but absolutely fascinating motion picture. And she seems to be a very young student in England.



I am reminded, and I am sure she must be too, of Cindy Sherman's enigmatic self-portraits, her faux movie s
tills in particular.

Although MissAniela's work is hyper-realistic, her ability to manipulate skin textures impresses me almost as much as the stellar Andrea Giacobbe.



Inevitably I have no recollection of exactly what I was looking for when I stumbled across MissAniela. But it is a feed I would recommend to all who are interested in the visual arts and the next generation of artists. I'll try to alert CoolHunting and BoingBoing to her photostream.


No comments: