Monday, November 27, 2006

Higher and higher in Araby

I quite like having a building site which I can inspect each morning from the kitchen when making my coffee.


JUNE 2005__________________________MARCH 2006

There used to be a sprawling, dilapidated but wonderfully atmospheric souq on this piece of prime real estate in the heart of Abu Dhabi. Redevelopment was thus inevitable.
Only today did I become aware of the scope of the development. The view from my kitchen window (in the pink tower on the left of the picture below left) will be of these incredible towers, one of which will be 88 floors high.



The developer's website is pretty much state -of-the-art, too.

And, finally, this post allowed my to hone my skills by uploading the video from the website and then to include it below! Who says old dogs can't learn new tricks?

No comments: