Monday, February 11, 2008

Blue skies



In February the weather is not supposed to permit people to sit at the outdoor tables of the Café Schwabing. It's still about five degrees 'too mild for the time of year'. I am so not complaining!

After three re-locations with heavy suitcases within the short period of five weeks I have now the comparative luxury of staying in a pleasant serviced apartment for the next month. The suitcases are, for a while, empty and several suits and jackets are being resuscitated at the dry cleaners.

The flat is surprisingly more or less exactly what I am searching for in an unfurnished pied à terre, offering space for a bed, for wardrobe and shelving storage, for a table and two chairs and a comfortable lounger. Kitchenette and bathroom go without saying, cable and broadband connection likewise. In fact, if I didn't have stuff in storage from back in the day when I actually lived in Germany, I'd be happy to settle for a furnished flat like this as my base when my work requires me to be in Munich.

No comments: