Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Revolutionary



If my previous post seemed to hint at a rear-view mirror perspective, then I shall today compound the impression by re-winding forty years.


Or is it fifty years? What's a mere decade of difference?

In an excellent article in Saturday's Guardian Gilbert Adair, screenwriter of the Bertolucci film The Dreamers, wrote about the importance of cinema in the context of May 68. And those events, although I find it hard to believe, took place forty years ago.

At the same time a film season in London is concentrating on a fiftieth anniversary, of the Nouvelle Vague itself. And this gives me the perfect excuse to re-post some YouTube clips, excerpted from films which inspired me then and continue to do so so many years later.

LA COLLECTIONNEUSE




UN HOMME ET UNE FEMME



WEEKEND

No comments: