Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Victory and calamity




"A small British company has been named Best in Show at the South by Southwest Web Awards, in Austin, Texas. Six to Start won the top prize for We Tell Stories, an interactive approach to retelling literary classics and redefining modern online story-telling."

I'm not surprised that the Six To Start venture involves Penguin, ever reminding us of how innovative it has always been as a publisher.

My current read bears the Peguin imprint and I cannot remember enjoying a book so much for years.

Of course I'm not at all influenced by the fact that the writer is female, comely and about thirty... No way!

"I’m the author of the prep-school-confidential thriller, Special Topics In Calamity Physics. A lot of ya’ll have asked if it’s really me. Ya. It is."


No comments: