Saturday, May 29, 2010

Eurovision, yet again!

Tonight once more. The Concours Eurovision de la Chanson, which in 1965 I watched for the first time with wife number one on our nine-inch Sony television set.

France Gall won for Luxembourg with Serge Gainsbourg's very catchy song which we suspected even then was slightly ambiguous.
She was, of course, together with Sylvie, Francoise and Johnny, already one of my favourites since I was in the midst of my first francophile phase.

The following year Udo Jürgens was the winner with a song which has even better survived the passage of the decades

The in '67 Sandie Shaw did her barefoot number... and weren't we all proud of our British triumph?

We shall see tonight whether the amazingly cool and composed Lena takes the prize for Germany. I have the impression that she doesn't care that much about the result, she just wants to have a good time.

Good attitude, girl!




No comments: