Saturday, October 15, 2011

Weekend Video 1

 

The pretext for posting this clip is the news that new 35mm prints of Jean-Luc Godard's amazing movie have been struck, replicating the image quality the film had when it was first released in 1967, doing justice once again to the cinematography of the brilliant Raoul Coutard.

I cannot claim that I understood the film when I first saw it. I doubt if I fully understand all of it today. But it is one of the movies which convinced me that cinema would be my passion and, whenever possible, that audio-visual storytelling would be the arena in which I would seek to be active.

Back in 2007 I posted the long take which meanders through the barnyard... Unfortunately the YouTube account has in the meantime been closed. If I manage to find an alternative source I shall update this post.

 

1 comment:

Jessi said...

What a weird trailer :)