Saturday, March 17, 2012

Weekend video 1


Yesterday I made my way to the Sodabooks outlet in Munich. It is a long time since I have been confronted with such a massive collection of avant-garde print ephemera. In the pre-digital era I was a compulsive collector of magazines, although I have now reduced my stash to just a few copies of 'Twen', 'Frendz' and a few other titles from the sixties and the seventies.

I had learned by chance earlier in the week that what I had assumed was just a Tumblr feed was in fact just a remediation of content from the print publication, 'Mirage', previewed in the video.

When I subscribed to 'Monocle' magazine a couple of months ago I swore to myself that I would not return to my addiction to beautifully produced print... I fear I am weakening!

No comments: