Thursday, October 18, 2012

Twenty-four!


Sure, this day twenty-four years ago was a busy one. In the early evening I was supervising the German voice over recording of a weekly television magazine covering the most recent NASCAR events in the USA. Dale Earnhardt... Darell Waltrip... Rusty Wallace... venues like Charlotte... Dover... Richmond. I guess at least the tracks are still the same!

From the studio to the nursing home... I missed the actual birth but I was in time to be handed a hot little bundle from which a smile emerged. I have never stopped loving that smile!

Funny that after all this time I am still not where I'd like to be but stuck in Munich with my unforgiving daily translation assignment... Bentley... Mustang... SLS AMG...

Le plus ca change, le plus c'est le meme chose.

At least Jessi's mother has made it for a short Barcelona birthday visit and in spirit I am with them. Just climbing into my imaginary Bentley Continental...




No comments: