Thursday, February 21, 2013

Monocle on Germany

For six months at the beginning of last year I subscribed to Monocle Magazine. Each issue was so packed with fascinating content that I only finished the June edition in mid-September.

Of course I absolutely do not belong to their targeted readership demographic. I am a senior citizen with minimal disposable income, damn lucky to have work and be able to support myself.

And Monocle is not only an expensive periodical it also implies that the reader will be interested in and able to afford a lifestyle which is globally mobile, intelligently discerning, culturally progressive but... alas... far from cheap.

But since the March issue promises many stories about my adopted homeland I shall fork out the cover price and consider it a present to myself for my 73rd birthday.

No comments: