Sunday, May 26, 2013

Mia san mia


I didn't watch the game, and I was probably already asleep by the time the winning 89th minute goal secured the win for Bayern München, but I expect to see a lot of happy faces in Schwabing when I go out later today. I shall, however, be well wrapped up... it is almost incredible that in the last week of May we must settle for a day's high temperature of 9 degrees.

The month was a strange one in other ways. Even here in Bavaria where no excuse is for a high holy day is left unexploited, there were this year four May days on which everything closed... the 1st, Labour Day, the 9th, Ascension Day, the 20th, Whit Monday and still to come the 30th, Corpus Christi Day.

I suppose we should be grateful for so much time off... to enjoy the grey skies and chilly drizzle.




No comments: