Sunday, July 14, 2013

Quatorze Juillet


As far back as 2007 I was complaining about not having a decent digital television set nor cable reception of the French channel TV5... which meant I could not maintain my habit of watching the parade for the Quatorze Juillet from Paris.

But, hey, this year I found a live stream! I was once again able to enjoy the spectacle which I first watched on television in the mid-seventies, when the commentary was delivered by the unforgettable Léon Zitrone who was the omniscient 'voice' of the event for sixteen successive years.

Now what I need is to find out whether the portal http://www.francetvinfo.fr/ will also let me watch the Tour de France! Today is the legendary stage which culminates in the climb to the top of Mont Ventoux. Marco Pantani versus Lance Armstrong with Jan Ullrich not far behind in 2000? Epic entertainment, even if we now know they were doped to the limit! And today we have the British rider Chris Froome intent on defending his yellow jersey.

Update:

A wonderful summer Sunday! A live stream from Eurosport brought all the action and the photo above is of Chris Froome winning that mountain stage.

No comments: