Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Ch-ch-ch-changes!


For an aging and complacent retro-futurist, a nostalgic mid-century modernist, it comes as something of a shock! Today I took delivery of a smartphone! It came about thusly. A while back my demented laptop (known to intimates as the 'craptop') crashed as it is wont to do with fearsome regularity. During the half hour I left it to sleep as I do after one of these seizures I received a promotional SMS from Vodafone.

These missives I usually ignore, but the offer mentioned prominently a cost of EUR 14.99 per month, which is roughly what my pay-as-you-go mobile phone service has been costing in the past. Reading on I learned that a flashy smartphone was included in the deal offered. Persuasive ultimately was the notion of having a decent camera with me at all times and the video capture capability. 

How long it will take me to master the usage of this most exotic device is another matter entirely. There will be some stories to tell, I suspect!

No comments: