Sunday, September 13, 2015

Continuity


A nombrilist note today, I must admit. Let me say simply that for me the Café de Flore is synonymous with continuity. My first visit was in 1963 and since then I have patronized the café whenever fortunate enough to be in Paris, either as resident or as visitor. 

At times I was there with only centimes in my pocket (with friends paying for my grand crème). But there were also times when I was doing well and felt nowhere more at home or better treated. But le Flore remains a constant, almost immutable and for that alone to be treasured. 

Jessi is spending a long weekend in Paris and I asked her to promise that she'd stop by on my behalf, having imparted to her the salient facts concerning this venerable institution. 

Promise kept! Thank you so much!

No comments: