Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Festivity reported


The ladies came to visit on Christmas Day, carrying homemade cookies to be washed down with Glenkinchie 12-year-old malt whisky or with the vodka my daughter found in a Berlin craft distillery.

This means that when the computer is put on stand-by at about seven in the evenings, Auld Da will be able to allow himself a "wee nip" which is a very civilized way of marking the transition from work time to leisure time. Speaking of the computer, Jessi decided I need a large-format monitor and so tomorrow she'll be scrambling around under my desk making the cabling links to a 25-inch screen with HDMI connectivity. I feel very blessed indeed and it was the very least I could do to invite Mickey and Jessi for Boxing Day dinner at Scheidegger, a traditional Bavarian tavern which is luckily just in manageanble shuffling distance from my flat.



No comments: