Monday, March 05, 2018

#2,776


No, I have no idea whatsoever why they thought that funny hats should figure in the greeting I received on the occasion of my seventy-eighth birthday. I suspect the idea came from the crazy canine, Felix, with Mickey, Jessica and Tino happily colluding. 

My own excuse for wearing that beanie indoors is that, felled with the discomfort of lumbago, I am more or less immobilised, unable to shuffle beyond the front door of my flat. In consequence, I feel chilly all the time, especially after our debilitating phase of sub-zero temperatures.

Be that as it may, it was a joy to have all of them come to my place for coffee laden with delights. My 'wish list', I'd told them, was for 'consumables' rather than any tchotchkes as gifts which might contribute to the clutter I am valiantly combating. No, I'll not be munching on the lovely tulips(my favourite flower) but supper in the coming days will be just great!

     

No comments: