Monday, July 20, 2009

Peace and love

I cannot wait for the day-and-date anniversary! Someone posted Burk Uzzle's amazing photos documenting his Woodstock experience and I found them today and started remembering.

Yes, the landing on the moon made an impression on me at the time.

But I saw Woodstock as a "giant step for mankind" too!

I may have mentioned in a much earlier post that I first heard the music of Crosby, Stills and Nash sitting on the carpet in the living room of a friend's flat in Bayswater. He had installed a fully functioning recording studio at home, and rented the place to CS&N for a few months while they prepped the first album. The sound was great. But it was a cold winter and I half remember contributing one shilling after another to feed a metered gas fire!

No comments: