Thursday, September 17, 2009

Bon appetit






The above 'dishes' were prepared for a food festival in Australia. I wonder what one might have used to create the flag of Germany.

It is almost certainly due to the fact that in a couple of weeks I shall be making my twice-yearly 24 hour walkabout in Paris that my thoughts seem to be turning to things gastronomic.

On the April trip my indulgence was a lunch at Pierre Gagnaire's Gaya Rive Gauche. This time I plan to check out a restaurant in the 5th called Le Tourbillon.

Surely, you ask, Munich must have a wide range of restaurants I could visit?

Very true. But I am a creature of habit, and in the place where I work I have a 'canteen' to which I am stubbornly loyal, where dinner is okay, the wine not too expensive and the service as friendly as a regular client could hope for. Oh yes, and the lighting needs to be good enough so that I can read my paperback! In Abu Dhabi that describes Le Beaujolais perfectly, in Munich it's Café Schwabing.

And in Paris... it's discovery.

"Walkabout" by Noah Lennox

No comments: