Monday, September 28, 2009

Colour theory

My new kilt arrived from Edinburgh at the end of last week. Until last night's German election results I had no idea that my choice of tartan would reflect the decision of the nation's voters.

We are to have a 'black and yellow coalition' -
which means that the Christian Democrats (black) and the Free Democrats (yellow) will rule for the next four years. [To be accurate, the Bavarian Christian Socalists are also part of the mix, but they are deemed to be 'blacker than black'... but that's by the way.]

So we have black and yellow and, tellingly, only the tiniest hint of 'red', the colour of the Social Democrats who on Sunday achieved their worst ever performance since the founding of the Federal Republic in 1949.

Of course, all of this is mere tomfoolery and after-the-fact symbol attribution. The true reason for me to wear a tartan to which I am not by family or clan entitled, is that it picks up the house colours of my client, Motorvision TV. I shall, thus, harmonize with the decor of our corporate stand at the MipCom program market next week!


No comments: