Wednesday, August 25, 2010

If wishes were horses, then beggars would ride

My Sandlands credit card regularly invites me to go deep into debt. I shall not succumb to its siren song. If I were to, however, I'd buy an iPad and there would be at least one sale of the Kindle edition of Golden Dawn. It's a funny feeling, seeing the book on the Amazon site. It gives the illusion of the viability of self-publishing. But I do like the way that my cover art can be embiggened so nicely. This is a feature missing on Authonomy and I fear that on Slush Pile Reader, even the uploading of a second manuscript will not permit the addition of a second visual... although I may be wrong.

Very soon... and in full awareness of the futility I recognize... I shall upload Seasonal Variance in first draft form to both of the above mentioned sites. Although I had phases of hating the manuscript, now that I am approaching the deadline I find it quite promising. Deadline? Only self-imposed. I started on the fifth of May and gave myself four months to produce an anticipated 150 thousand words.


Authonomists... or others who sample only an initial chapter before writing a comment intended only to draw attention to their own literary efforts... will probably be fewer in number and less kind. Good! I would prefer to be seen as outrageous, sesquipedalian in spades, unapologetic in my detours through obscure meanders of a 'roman fleuve', overindulgent in a prose equivalent of cinematic gratuitous nudity.


And afterwards, editing the first draft and on to the next project. Illegitimis nil carborundum... Don't let the bastards grind you down!

No comments: