Wednesday, August 25, 2010

If wishes were horses, then beggars would ride - Part 2



Following up on the theme of my previous post today... the video above.

I think I see a potential winner in this hybrid... device agnostic... self-publishing... peer review... social networking... The business model? Advertising?

There's a fuller interview with the Figment Fiction co-founder, Dana Goodyear, here, including the following quote:

"We hope that it becomes a place for stories reflect all the facets of the experience of being young in America."

And her partner, Jacob Lewis, has this to say:

"As a reading and writing community, Figment will offer a place for teens to engage with peers, with authors, and with content."

Drat! Wrong continent! And I seem to belong to the wrong gender and I'm over half a century beyond the target demographic! Oh well!

No comments: