Thursday, September 23, 2010

#1233

Nudists and swingers at war in France's 'Naked City'

That's the headline of this story in The Telegraph today. I haven't been to Cap d'Agde since 2007, but even then I saw signs of tensions and these informed the creation of my fictitious naturist resort Port Libertat in Seasonal Variance.

It was during the late seventies that I spent part of each summer in Cap d'Agde, not as a Birkenstock-and-sandals advocate of a post-hippy nudist utopia, but fully aware that an erotic component was in all honesty a central component of the naturist lifestyle... In fact I was busy marketing that frisson, promoting a liberalizing rejection of inhibition.

But the hostilities of the past summer as they are reported... the polarized antagonism as both sides retrench to mutually provocative positions... that I find dreadfully sad.

No comments: