Saturday, April 30, 2011

Earl and Countess of Strathearn


A ltttle more than just another excuse to post another shot of the newly weds in that lovely car. The title by which they will be known in Scotland, the Earl and Countess of Strathearn, calls into focus a swathe of the county of Perthshire... the valley of the River Earn... whence my maternal grandmother hailed and her ancestors before her.


And only a couple of days ago I chanced upon this photo of an achingly simple but quite inspiring little church in the village of Madderty in Strathearn. It was the first church where my father served as Minister after being released from service as a chaplain in the Royal Air Force. I must have seen this wee kirk, been inside it... but my memories of being four years old are, alas, somewhat vague.

Bringing to a close my monarchist musings... How cute that Pixar have found it fitting to include this automobile in the new 'Cars' movie.

No comments: