Friday, April 29, 2011

It was lovely!


I was well aware that having the television running while working might be a problem. I also suspected that watching the Royal Wedding just might call for the deployment of a few Kleenexes. I wonder if the fact that my translating work is automotive themed affected my reception of the broadcast. I saw all the cars... Jaguars and Range Rovers were ubiquitous, and yet these marques are now controlled by an Indian concern. Then there were the cars of the royal fleet, many Bentleys and Rolls-Royces... brands now belonging to Volkswagen and BMW respectively.


But at the end Prince WIlliam drove his new bride away from the Palace in his father's veteran Aston Martin, a brand which is just a bit more British. So I guess that's alright.


Brilliant BBC video here.
.

No comments: