Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Reading matters

Combining contemporary mystery and a gripping historical saga, putting computers and smartphones alongside derringers and palace intrigue, The Ludwig Conspiracy is an accomplished thriller from the best-selling author of The Hangman’s Daughter series. Based on legends that have been recorded about the actual King Ludwig II of Bavaria, the book takes the reader on a journey throughout the King's storied history, actual historic sites, and a Dan Brown-esque story. That would be enough to put the book by the Munich-based Oliver Potzsch on my Kindle wish-list since I greatly enjoyed his historical novels. 

His book with a contemporary setting has for me another captivating attribute. There are locations which are no more than a quarter of an hour’s stroll from my flat in Schwabing-West. One is the Schelling-Salon, almost next door to the Osteria Bavaria favoured back in the day by Adolf Hitler and a key setting in my own storytelling. Have I mentioned that the soon-to-be-uploaded expanded version of Chance of Reign (set in 1936) will likely have an Amazon estimated page-count of over a thousand and that the price will be reduced? 

No comments: