Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Reading matters


I think that at some point in the eighties II was aware that there was a Spenser television series,  although I'm not sure if it aired here in Germany. But it is only now that I have discovered very belatedly the books authored by Robert B. Parker.

Admittedly stories featuring a gumshoe or private eye narrated in the first person have never been a sub-genre I find appealing. I was never a fan of Sam Spade. . But Parker's laconic style, behind which lurks considerable erudition, has me enthralled. Yesterday evening I read Now and Then, written in 2007, in a single sitting... something which has not happened for a very long time. Okay, I guess it was a rather short book (File Size: 245 KB, Print Length: 316 pages.)

Consoling is the fact that there are still another thirty books in the Spenser series for me to enjoy in the coming months. And I even know the order is which they should be read... win!

No comments: